Alabama State University 2013 football schedule

2013 ALABAMA STATE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

DATEOPPONENTLOCATIONTIME
Sat. Aug. 31JACKSONVILLE STATEMONTGOMERY, ALA.TBA
Sat. Sept. 7at Jackson State*Jackson, Miss.6 P.M.
Sat. Sept. 14at Arkansas-Pine Bluff*Pine Bluff, Ark.TBA
Sat. Sept. 21GRAMBLING STATE*MONTGOMERY, ALA.TBA
Sat. Sept. 28ALCORN STATE*MONTGOMERY, ALA.TBA
Sat. Oct. 5at Texas Southern*Houston, TexasTBA
Sat. Oct. 12PRAIRIE VIEW A&M*MONTGOMERY, ALA.TBA
Sat. Oct. 19Open Date
Sat. Oct. 26Alabama A&M *
72nd State Farm Magic City Classic
BIRMINGHAM, ALA.TBA
Sat. Nov. 2KentuckyLexington, Ky.TBA
Sat. Nov. 9SOUTHERN*MONTGOMERY, ALA.TBA
Sat. Nov. 16Mississippi Valley State*Itta Bena, Miss.TBA
Sat. Nov. 23Open Date
Thur. Nov. 28STILLMAN
90TH Turkey Day Classic
MONTGOMERY, ALA.TBA
Sat. Dec. 14TOYOTA SWAC ChampionshipTBATBA

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• wait wait wait..... Stillman??!?!?

• yep... Tuskegee back out this year...

TBoneSuave said:

wait wait wait..... Stillman??!?!?

2013 ALABAMA STATE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE  DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME Sat. Aug. 31 JACKSONVILLE STATE MONTGOMERY, ALA. TBA Sat. Sept. 7 at Jackson Sta…
  • O_O

interesting...

THE ONE said:

yep... Tuskegee back out this year...

TBoneSuave said:

wait wait wait..... Stillman??!?!?

2013 ALABAMA STATE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE  DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME Sat. Aug. 31 JACKSONVILLE STATE MONTGOMERY, ALA. TBA Sat. Sept. 7 at Jackson Sta…
  • i wonder who TU backed out for? Kentucky? Which one? And this is knda boring imo jsu second game hmmm.
  • i have a very strong feeling that alcorn game will be the ATL CLASSIC. Would be nice to see gsu vs bama st in atl classic. Both have a nice fan base in that area and when both bands do see each other it's a good battle. 05 07 an that pro bowl thing in 2011. But alcorn an bama st wuld be great too last few yrs alcorn been giving bands decent battles....
  • Bama State probably won't give up a home game to play in that game though.

• bamasax4 said:
    Bama State probably won't give up a home game to play in that game though.
    they would be stupid not too...all paid expenses to and from meals and money. Both asu's cant pull off a huge outcome like the atl classic. That would be dumb to turn dwn asu vs asu is never huge
  • Exactly and it wouldn't be huge in atl either so I doubt they would move for that. 100bma approched Bama State about a game with FAMU for the ATLC. Bama Stte had a conflict with the Alcorn game. We asked alcorn to move their game with us to TDAY. Alcorn refused. That's when you saw alcorn release there schedule to lock in the date. A few days later famu relased their schedule grabbing a game with samford. Then asu decided on stillman as they had long decided they could come to no arrangement with skegee. Now were here. People don't realize those classics are not all they're hyped up to be. 6 home games mean higher season ticket prices and you get to build up your home base. Most people will skip an additional home game because of a classic so it hurts in the long run. Alcorn will be plaing Bama State in Montgomery. Now the street comittee says that we may play txso in indianapolis. But that is completly txso's decision to make.
  • I doubt they would have 2 SWAC schools in the ATL classic, since ATL is a little more heavily dominated with fans of MEAC schools. (FAMU, NCAT, SCSU,,Howard, etc) .

I've said this before, I would love to see NCATSU vs SCSU  in CHARLOTTE, since it is the EXACT GEOGRAPHIC MIDDLEGROUND between both institutions.

And for the ATL Classic, I think Tennessee St should be put back in it..Their crowds were never that bad, and now that the almost went undefeated last year, I think they would TURN ATL OUT these days.

And from the SWAC, the ONLY school that would create a good turn out would be SU or POSSIBLY Alabama State. Gram would be tricky because Gram hasnt really had any games in ATL that we could gage accurately how another GRAM crowd would be ATL. And coming off of one of their most HORRIBLE years in football, I dont see the fan base bouncing back enough for that trip, nor does GSU travel THAT well these days anyway.

tony said:

i have a very strong feeling that alcorn game will be the ATL CLASSIC. Would be nice to see gsu vs bama st in atl classic. Both have a nice fan base in that area and when both bands do see each other it's a good battle. 05 07 an that pro bowl thing in 2011. But alcorn an bama st wuld be great too last few yrs alcorn been giving bands decent battles....

• Jason said:

I doubt they would have 2 SWAC schools in the ATL classic, since ATL is a little more heavily dominated with fans of MEAC schools. (FAMU, NCAT, SCSU,,Howard, etc) .

I've said this before, I would love to see NCATSU vs SCSU  in CHARLOTTE, since it is the EXACT GEOGRAPHIC MIDDLEGROUND between both institutions.

And for the ATL Classic, I think Tennessee St should be put back in it..Their crowds were never that bad, and now that the almost went undefeated last year, I think they would TURN ATL OUT these days.

And from the SWAC, the ONLY school that would create a good turn out would be SU or POSSIBLY Alabama State. Gram would be tricky because Gram hasnt really had any games in ATL that we could gage accurately how another GRAM crowd would be ATL. And coming off of one of their most HORRIBLE years in football, I dont see the fan base bouncing back enough for that trip, nor does GSU travel THAT well these days anyway.

tony said:

i have a very strong feeling that alcorn game will be the ATL CLASSIC. Would be nice to see gsu vs bama st in atl classic. Both have a nice fan base in that area and when both bands do see each other it's a good battle. 05 07 an that pro bowl thing in 2011. But alcorn an bama st wuld be great too last few yrs alcorn been giving bands decent battles....
    gsu traveled well when they played morris brown. And onebad season out of what 50 years gsu still has afan base just like alcorn,jsu an su when they had their poor seasons many years. But im yearing bethune will be doing circke city nor is famu in the atl classic. Gsu fan base is decent plus gsu only lost by a touch dwn againist uapb an lost by a few points bu bama st. One bad season wont doanything gsu record with a losing season is still better thsn alot of schools. 2012 barely any school traveled anywhere.
This reply was deleted.