Alcorn S.O.D. 1999

Could somebody tell me, who all was on staff during this time period. I looked for it on google could find it. I mean I just can't believe they have got to the point of sounding of they and they used to sound like this! No offense to any members, but the truth is the truth.

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raEFJbLhyoQ

I mean this is pretty solid! And tubas at like 3:57, thats a good solid sound
  • Samuel Griffin
    Ass. Clarence Gibson are all i know for sure
  • To my knowledge it was:

Griff
    Clarence Gibson
    Clarence Brown

I don't think Chambers was still there anymore.

Yeah the staff of a band can impact their sound but you have to take into consideration that in the dawn of the 2000s there was a large shift in power among SWAC bands. Look at JSU...their band began to make some pretty large changes. People started leaving Valley and Alcorn and heading to other programs. Valley dropped in strength and their numbers suffered more mid/early 2000s.
  • Okay I gotcha, but what cause the power shift, casue jsu was already doing they thing, so what could have happen, and when was Ms. Sanders there? Im just trying to get an understanding of swac history. thats all

Ginger-Bread Mello said:
    To my knowledge it was:

Griff
    Clarence Gibson
    Clarence Brown

Yeah the staff of a band can impact their sound but you have to take into consideration that in the dawn of the 2000s there was a large shift in power among SWAC bands. Look at JSU...their band began to make some pretty large changes. People started leaving Valley and Alcorn and heading to other programs. Valley dropped in strength and their numbers suffered more mid/early 2000s.
    Alcorn S.O.D. 1999
    Could somebody tell me, who all was on staff during this time period. I looked for it on google could find it. I mean I just can't believe they have…
  • Honestly I can't really say. I just noticed that about the other two Mississippi schools....and other SWAC schools. I would have to check and find out who all was on staff. Not to say JSU wasn't already a nice program but look at them in 2000 and them look at them like 3 years later. Their sound became more "brassy" and forceful like the other bands. I'm not saying they were copying anyone though. I'm saying that the overall style of the SWAC seemed to change going into the 2000s. More than likely due to what the high school students desired. Plus Alcorn, due to its location, began to lose students. People just didn't want to go out into the country to go to school. In the 90s The "groovy" and more natural powerful style was pushed out of the door for more of a "crank" attitude. As I've said in another thread....Alcorn and Valley couldn't seem to really keep up. No fault of the schools though.

Marcus Anthony Thomas said:
    Okay I gotcha, but what cause the power shift, casue jsu was already doing they thing, so what could have happen, and when was Ms. Sanders there? Im just trying to get an understanding of swac history. thats all

Ginger-Bread Mello said:
    To my knowledge it was:

Griff
    Clarence Gibson
    Clarence Brown

Alcorn S.O.D. 1999
    Could somebody tell me, who all was on staff during this time period. I looked for it on google could find it. I mean I just can't believe they have…
  • I gotcha, but I prefer the mid-late 1990's boom myself. I am still in love with that tiger of san pedro that played at famu in 96 or 94 something!

Ginger-Bread Mello said:
    Honestly I can't really say. I just noticed that about the other two Mississippi schools....and other SWAC schools. I would have to check and find out who all was on staff. Not to say JSU wasn't already a nice program but look at them in 2000 and them look at them like 3 years later. Their sound became more "brassy" and forceful like the other bands. I'm not saying they were copying anyone though. I'm saying that the overall style of the SWAC seemed to change going into the 2000s. More than likely due to what the high school students desired. Plus Alcorn, due to its location, began to lose students. People just didn't want to go out into the country to go to school. In the 90s The "groovy" and more natural powerful style was pushed out of the door for more of a "crank" attitude. As I've said in another thread....Alcorn and Valley couldn't seem to really keep up. No fault of the schools though.

Marcus Anthony Thomas said:
    Okay I gotcha, but what cause the power shift, casue jsu was already doing they thing, so what could have happen, and when was Ms. Sanders there? Im just trying to get an understanding of swac history. thats all

Ginger-Bread Mello said:
    To my knowledge it was:

Griff
    Clarence Gibson
    Clarence Brown

Alcorn S.O.D. 1999
This reply was deleted.