Replies

• What ever happened to Willowridge & Smiley?

• Where is westbury??? But i have heard worthing amd yates play. That game they had this season was really something. I was blew away on how much better yates improved from last year. I also saw improvement from worthing. When they got a new band director i didnt know what to expect but for the most part they have shown great improvement. Sam houston........smh big surprise when westbury faced them i was like "Is that sam houston?". Every year since i was in high school i have seen them get better and better i hope they keep up the good work. Those are the bands i have seen this year so far. I hope to see the rest at events like mlk parade, houstom livestock and rodeo parade, botbs as well as mardi gras. It seems like for houston this is going to be good year.
  • I have only heard Worthing (my alma mater) and Milby.

Unfortunately, i can't say that Worthing sounds good but according to what people been saying that they sound better than most houston bands then i would say they ok. but definitely 100% different from when Mr. Joseph was there as far as sound,discipline, technique etc.

Milby - Sounded pretty good on their homecoming game. Maybe because the alumni was playing with them (not sure) but they sound clean and organized. Keep it up!

• It sure is quiet on here.  So let me try to keep the convo going:

THis past weekend TSU hosted a few high school bands: Austin, Wheatley, Lamarque, Kashmere, Victory Prep and I cant remember who else.  It was a really nice affair.  For the size our bands were, they sounded really good.

I can see ALL OUR BANDS STRUGGLING THO.  Its on a whole other level of struggle now. 

• Smiley is Northforest now and in HISD...

I follow Furr band and they got watts but they play simple stuff...I saw them against sterling. Sterling is good too but they were like half of Furrs size. Furr has yet to put on a real field show but unlike other schools everybody is bused to furr. Its not a community school. There is no walking home or activity buses for after school practice. It effects all of their programs not just the band

• Goldy_1914 said:

It sure is quiet on here.  So let me try to keep the convo going:

THis past weekend TSU hosted a few high school bands: Austin, Wheatley, Lamarque, Kashmere, Victory Prep and I cant remember who else.  It was a really nice affair.  For the size our bands were, they sounded really

I can see ALL OUR BANDS STRUGGLING THO.  Its on a whole other level of struggle now. 

Best Houston Bands For Football Season? 2013-2014
      Worthing Yates Sam Houston Booker T. Washington Furr Kashmere Jones Northforest Jeff Davis Sterling Out of these bands, who's really coming with fi…

• Goldy_1914 said:

It sure is quiet on here.  So let me try to keep the convo going:

THis past weekend TSU hosted a few high school bands: Austin, Wheatley, Lamarque, Kashmere, Victory Prep and I cant remember who else.  It was a really nice affair.  For the size our bands were, they sounded really good.

I am a member of LaMarque's band and from what I saw at the TSU performance, we're all struggling on numbers and balancing instrumentation. The sound was pretty good for what we all had even though I heard some overplaying. That's pretty much the only flaw I took notice to. So let's keep up the hard work and get to recruiting some kids.

Best Houston Bands For Football Season? 2013-2014
      Worthing Yates Sam Houston Booker T. Washington Furr Kashmere Jones Northforest Jeff Davis Sterling Out of these bands, who's really coming with fi…
  • Lamarque is doing big things. Heard y'all went to Dallas for Cotton Bowl. Keep up the good work
  • Houston bands are on the come up i mean im from dallas and marched at carter now attending tsu everytime we came down for a battle houston schools no matter what size they put on a show to the best of their abilities. That alone says alot about the band programs in the houston area keep up the good work. Numbers dont matter when everyone is playing the parts remember that.

• Btw held it down in Mississippi
This reply was deleted.