Replies

• After watching the North Forest BOTB, I enjoyed Dallas Carter and  Port Arthur Memorial. Those two sounded great on the field and did some great drilling. I put those two down because these are 2 bands that many don't highlight when talking about Texas bands.

Also I liked Stephen F. Austin, Davis, Hightower, and Westbury.

• what ever happened to Willowridge High School band, they used to be really big in Texas. Now i havent heard much about them. Instead i've been hearing alot about Hightower, Beaumont Central and Stephen F. Austin

• Milby!

• Huntington High School Marching Band - 6801 Rasberry Lane.

• Other than some Corp bands, I haven't seen any good show style bands in TX... Aside from Townview and Central... Everyone else seems as if they are rebuilding.... It's as if there aren't any standards when it comes to classifying/recognizing a top tier H.S program anymore... Keep striving to get better though..
  • IN (HOUSTON).... I LIKE MILBY, WESTBURY , AUSTIN AND DA RIDGE...no reason.. I just like they way there going this year.. point blank

IN (DALLAS) I LIKE CARTER AND FROM CLIPS THAT I SAW THIS YEAR.. TOWNVIEW.. both have a very clen sound.. I was very pleased with Carters sound at North Forest BOTBS.. I got a chance to meet the director... very very cool dude.......

IN  THE (GOLDEN TRIANGLE)A.K.A BEAUMONT I LIKE CENTRAL,OZEN AND P.A.... Hey what  can I say all three always have something that's a show stopper

IN (AUSTIN) I REALLY LIKE REGAN.... WE MAY NOT SEE A LOT OF THESE GUYS BUT... THEY ARE PUSHING AND PLAYING WITH CORRECT AND VERY GOOD TONE........

To me everybody has some or at least one good strong thing about there band.. so with that being said... All bands in Texas are doing there job.. It may not be the best..But I feel we all are working hard to get back to were things were..... Stay focused Stay  blessed and work hard!!!!

• Oh yes, forgot about Milby.

Marching Thunder- said:

Milby!

best Texas High School bands of 2011
    what texas high school bands have caught your eye this year? (name/city) what did they do that made you notice them?
  • Well to me you guys are doing well just stay to your self and drive.. doc...what you guys are doing is great...just stay focused.

HHSbandhead said:

what texas high school bands have caught your eye this year? (name/city) what did they do that made you notice them?
  • dumb 

Pillzman TΦS said:

Huntington High School Marching Band - 6801 Rasberry Lane.

This reply was deleted.