Some real interesting questions I've read people ask and some of my own. Its no secret this season for our Stingettes have turned out unexpected in many ways(In some ways good and in some ways not so good unfortunately)

But some pressing questions that run into next season is:

1. Will our 2016-2017 capt Tey, Amber, and the rest of the crabs that were suspended return for basketball season?(or even the last game Turkey Day Classic or even HONDA 2017).

2. With seasoned vets like ShaDiamond and Mitchell being juniors currently, will they be allowed to return remembering that  4 yr rule?(Assuming one of them returns as either capt or member)

3. Will Kaneika be chosen as our next 2nd year captain representing 15?

4. 14 members such as Talia and Mishae are expected to return for tryouts next yr, do you think Alandra Lee (aka Mallory lol) will return as well?(Bih I think we literally manifested her fate the same as 2010 Stingette Mallory because so far she has only done one year lol)

5. Branching off question 4, A lot of girls seem to POP UP that fourth yr after a long break, I wonder who else magically appear? Courtney from 2010 scared the hell out me back in 2014 when returned, I thought she been graduated lol

I need to be asking if ASU will be getting some better arrangers and if Dr. O will stop stunting on the girl...

First of all who do yall want as capt for next year?(Because see that changes with the wind..)

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 1.  I love Tey, but I'm actually enjoying what the other ladies are bringing in the stands.  Although I love Mitchell, I feel as though Kaneika is shutting it down.  Her count selection seems a little better.  With Mrs. Dr. O at the helm who knows what she has up her skirt or whether the ladies will be able to return at all (I wouldn't be shocked if he banned them from Alumni performances as well 20 years down the road).

2.  The 3 year rule is kind of unspoken, from my understanding many Stingettes only dance for 3 years and then chose to do other things on campus (according to one of my coworkers who is an alumni stingette 04, 05, 06, 07).  So either one could return.

3.  I'd like to see that happen or either Mitchell.  I like Shadiamond, but I get more from Mitchell and Kaneika.

4.  Only time will tell.

5.  Cali for the return, Destiny for the return.  Cali and Destiny for captain and co-captain. (JK)

I honestly think it's time for Dr. O to step down, not because of all the drama, but because of the lack of progression and quality in the band's sound and quality of tone.  The band has the numbers and student dedication to kill every band it encounters if it improves the quality and arrangements.

• 1. I'm not sure if Tey and the others are going to return. Also, I was one of the biggest Tey supporters during the summer and when she was announced captain and to be honest, I don't miss her. If she returns hopefully she comes back with a vengeance and if not, we have three ladies who do an amazing job of leading.
    2. I would like for either to return since I see Mitchell has been a fan favorite since forever.
    3. I like was Kaneika has been giving us so far and if she leads the majority of basketball to get more experience, she could be dangerous if she's chosen captain.
    4. Alandra is done with Stingettes. I don't think she would fit in with the upcoming group of girls. Plus I wouldn't even know if she'd make tryouts seeing as some strong vets didn't make it this year.
    I also agree with Christopher, it's time for Dr.O to step down. The dance team should not be the reason your band program is relevant. Plus the quality of MMH is on a downhill slope all of football only for it to pick back up durin basketball then for it to go back downhill when football season starts. Plus, he is way too involved in the Stingettes and their operations to the point where it's holding the entire team back, you appointed Bridgette to a job, so he should trust that she can do it well.
  • 1) I think the suspended vets won't return, but the crabs will fight tooth and nail to. I was not a fan of Tey's leadership but I can see her coming back and slaying as a Stingette.. Amber has gotten lazy, she doesn't want it like she used to. Courtney is always in mess.

2) Dr. O needs to let ShaDiamond and Mitchell finish out their 4th rip. Those 2 are needed for support and cohesiveness reasons next year.

3) I'd prefer for Kaneika to become a 2-year captain. The Stingettes thrive better under CONSISTANT leadership. I.e 2014/2015 and 2009/2010 with Jordan and Betts. Kaneika honestly has the total package imo. She just needs to let go and loosen up.

4) PLEASE LORD LET TALIA COME BACK. I know Talia could hang with the current squad. She was the most consistent along with ShaDiamond and she was a beast on the field. While I love Mishae.. she doesn't have the technicality BUT she has the Stingette discipline that we're missing this season.

Dr. O.. it's time to pass the reigns. We appreciate EVERYTHING you've done for the MMH but it's time.
  • I'm here honey.

1.  Honestly the vets can stay gone.  Have to protect the integrity and reputation of the organization.

2.  They should be able to return if they want to.

3.  Hope so

4.  I think they can all stay gone too, except Talia.  I don't know how they would fit into the current dynamics given the 6 current ladies return.

5.  Hopefully no one.

Also, Christopher you're shady af lmao for talking about Cali and Destiny for captain, oh no ma'am.  Stunt please ban her right now lol.

If that's the case they should scratch the captain running and deem Bridgette as captain and let her throw counts lol.

• LMBO Not Cali and Destiny, Destiny did EAT DOWN on Don't Want It last yr though lol I just hope we get more vets again next season, I love the girls dearly. Mrs. Dr. O don't show no signs of leaving though, maybe Carolyn and him will have a tea party to discuss plans for supporting the band next yr...

Christopher said:

1.  I love Tey, but I'm actually enjoying what the other ladies are bringing in the stands.  Although I love Mitchell, I feel as though Kaneika is shutting it down.  Her count selection seems a little better.  With Mrs. Dr. O at the helm who knows what she has up her skirt or whether the ladies will be able to return at all (I wouldn't be shocked if he banned them from Alumni performances as well 20 years down the road).

2.  The 3 year rule is kind of unspoken, from my understanding many Stingettes only dance for 3 years and then chose to do other things on campus (according to one of my coworkers who is an alumni stingette 04, 05, 06, 07).  So either one could return.

3.  I'd like to see that happen or either Mitchell.  I like Shadiamond, but I get more from Mitchell and Kaneika.

4.  Only time will tell.

5.  Cali for the return, Destiny for the return.  Cali and Destiny for captain and co-captain. (JK)

I honestly think it's time for Dr. O to step down, not because of all the drama, but because of the lack of progression and quality in the band's sound and quality of tone.  The band has the numbers and student dedication to kill every band it encounters if it improves the quality and arrangements.

(BIG QUESTIONS GOING INTO 2017..) Stingette Fans Where Yall At?!!!
    Some real interesting questions I've read people ask and some of my own. Its no secret this season for our Stingettes have turned out unexpected in m…
  • I'm looking forward to Talia, hopefully we get a few surprise returns along with hers

Sasha Renee said:

I'm here honey.

1.  Honestly the vets can stay gone.  Have to protect the integrity and reputation of the organization.

2.  They should be able to return if they want to.

3.  Hope so

4.  I think they can all stay gone too, except Talia.  I don't know how they would fit into the current dynamics given the 6 current ladies return.

5.  Hopefully no one.

Also, Christopher you're shady af lmao for talking about Cali and Destiny for captain, oh no ma'am.  Stunt please ban her right now lol.

If that's the case they should scratch the captain running and deem Bridgette as captain and let her throw counts lol.

Some real interesting questions I've read people ask and some of my own. Its no secret this season for our Stingettes have turned out unexpected in m…
  • I'm in favor of a two-year captainship with Kaneika and a smaller squad next season. It's one thing to throw counts and it's another thing to be able to lead in and out of uniform. I think she can do it, but I wouldn't want to set her up with a large squad. However, Asia did it and Kaneika seems to have a similar resolve.

The organization has some logistic issues that it needs to address and refine. It always seems like things unravel so easily over there. I don't know if they aren't able to keep a lid on in-house business or if it's time to change band leadership.

• Smaller squad and wipe out band leadership and start fresh.

P.H. said:

I'm in favor of a two-year captainship with Kaneika and a smaller squad next season. It's one thing to throw counts and it's another thing to be able to lead in and out of uniform. I think she can do it, but I wouldn't want to setup her up with a large squad. However, Asia did it and Kaneika seems to have a similar resolve.

The organization has some logistic issues that it needs to address and refine. It always seems like things unravel so easily over there. I don't know if they aren't able to keep a lid on in-house business or if it's time to change band leadership.

• Who would be Dr. O's successor though?  I do like what Bridgett has brought as a sponsor, but if she ever does decide to leave who would you pick for the next generation's sponsor?

Christopher said:

Smaller squad and wipe out band leadership and start fresh.

P.H. said:

I'm in favor of a two-year captainship with Kaneika and a smaller squad next season. It's one thing to throw counts and it's another thing to be able to lead in and out of uniform. I think she can do it, but I wouldn't want to setup her up with a large squad. However, Asia did it and Kaneika seems to have a similar resolve.

• It's been time to change leadership with the MMH. Dr.O has been there since 2000 and everyone says the MMH is undisciplined.
This reply was deleted.