Fabulous Southern University Dancing Dolls 2016-2017

With tryouts fast approaching I'd say it's safe to say all of last year Dolls are set to return with 2 to 3 new Dolls . Danielle Stamper is pretty much a shew in as the 2016-2017 Doll captain . After the AKA probate I can definitely see Mya taking the captain spot for the 17-18 season the way she owned the sroll. Congratulations to Mya Wilson and Melody Byrd on crossing AKA . Let's please keep this discussion for the 2016-2017 Dolls in this discussion for the season including tryouts instead of multiple discussions thank you fellow bandheads

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• I hope all 7 vets return. Mark my words, Melody is coming for blood this season. She has so much to prove this upcoming season and I'm for it.
  • Not only Mel, but Maya and Danielle Stamper-----folks had been coming for her HAIR----but if STAMPER put that AFRO WIGG on, with those BLUE, SILVER< OR GOLD thigh high BOOTS ON WITH A GOLD BERET-----it's OVER and I'am going IN !!!   STAMPER has to represent for the SOUTHSIDE, aka the BOTTOM.  Whereas, there were always girls from the PANTHERETTE SQUAD but none had never been CAPTAIN if am not MISTAKEN !!!   ALSO, if she wears that BLUE LEATHER COAT from Airee's Bayou Classic uni----then am calling for 911-----their is a SHOW that's bout to take place.....Plus, Maya and Mel in the left corner of the SQUAD-----its bout to GEAUX DOWN------STAMPER will be LEGENDARY !!! She is the NEW TURNUP QUEEN.......In the word's of BRUNO from DANCING WITH THE STARS----I just liked how she LOOKED AT ME THROUGH THE SCREEN----right to my SOUL----GEAUX DOLL's 2016 Congrats to Maya and Mel welcome to GREEKDOM !!!

I hope all 7 vets return. Mark my words, Melody is coming for blood this season. She has so much to prove this upcoming season and I'm for it.
    With tryouts fast approaching I'd say it's safe to say all of last year Dolls are set to return with 2 to 3 new Dolls . Danielle Stamper is pretty mu…
  • Me too. I really want her to make the squad again, but we never know with the Dolls. Last year's tryouts were surprising, so I've learned to wait until the line is officially announced. 

Jackson said:

I hope all 7 vets return. Mark my words, Melody is coming for blood this season. She has so much to prove this upcoming season and I'm for it.
    With tryouts fast approaching I'd say it's safe to say all of last year Dolls are set to return with 2 to 3 new Dolls . Danielle Stamper is pretty mu…
  • Mel is already back-----did you see her SHAKE THAT HAIR LIKE CRAZY and LOOKING even the more BEAUTIUL-------Prince wrote that song about her------THE BEAUTIFUL ONES HURT YOU EVERYTIM

e

• The 2015 crabs plus 3 crabs with Mel as tail, Jordan as ace, Maya as co-captain and Stamper as captain... The field shows this year are about to be on 10000... I know stamper is feeling inspired after a major professional piece such as Lemonade. The 2015 crabs are fire on the field.. Especially KP junior( taylin) and Alyx.. So we need crabs who can hold their own with them and the choreo Queen herself.
  • last year's tryouts really put into perspective that even as a Vet, your spot isn't guaranteed. It was a total shock. But I just wanted to know, does anybody have an idea of how long KV has been Pantherette sponsor?
  • I wonder if they'll add a count demonstration to the tryout process. Melody had the necessary components for field routines, but she flubbed (and gradually progressed) throughout the season in the stands. 

• probably not.  But maybe they'll do stands and field cuts weekly.  Every squad would benefit from a weekly cut.

P.H. said:

I wonder if they'll add a count demonstration to the tryout process. Melody had the necessary components for field routines, but she flubbed (and gradually progressed) throughout the season in the stands. 

• I would reeeeeeeeelly like to see this squad WORK at 7 for the season man... this squad has that IT factor and can be the fierce squad on their field AND in the stands.

If not 7, I would like to see 2 returning (Aysha and Jeanne) or new girls... one of my faves is Scotlandville former captain.

I'm rooting for Donaldsonville former captain to try out, but I don't think she's ready body wise for auditions.

Regardless, with the new fire from this squad in the stands, the GORGEOUS girls, and these new BADASS uniforms... they will KILL next season. But I hope they go smaller. I'm hoping for 9.
  • I'm routing for Aysha, she was my absolute favorite in 2014.

SUarchitect said:

I would reeeeeeeeelly like to see this squad WORK at 7 for the season man... this squad has that IT factor and can be the fierce squad on their field AND in the stands.

If not 7, I would like to see 2 returning (Aysha and Jeanne) or new girls... one of my faves is Scotlandville former captain.

I'm rooting for Donaldsonville former captain to try out, but I don't think she's ready body wise for auditions.

Regardless, with the new fire from this squad in the stands, the GORGEOUS girls, and these new BADASS uniforms... they will KILL next season. But I hope they go smaller. I'm hoping for 9.
This reply was deleted.