Golden Girl Tryouts 2016

Yesterday Alcorn State University had tryouts and selected 8 new ladies to join the current squad.  In my honest opinion, there were a few ladies who shouldn't have made the squad and a few that weren't selected that should've made the squad.  All of the current squad members will be returning with the exception of the captain Allyson, who is slated to graduate this semester.  If all of the ladies make it through summer band camp, this squad may be huge.  Olivia (Golden Girl with the short hair cut) was named captain.  I'm looking forward to seeing what this year's squad will bring.  I'm hoping they keep the full momentum they've been achieving each year.  Each year is turning out a stronger group of girls.  We shall see what's in store for us.  

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  If Olivia is ole girl on the first row with the haircut..BABYYY I said it once and I'll say it again, she gonna GO IN just as she does.

The golden girls have brought themselves out of the trenches for the past 3 yrs now consistently, I really can only see them going up. And with this new standard and capt, I know they want to continue it.  The stands have been cleaner and the field shows have fit their style and worked for them. So we shall see,

• Yep, that's her.

justDANCE said:

If Olivia is ole girl on the first row with the haircut..BABYYY I said it once and I'll say it again, she gonna GO IN just as she does.

The golden girls have brought themselves out of the trenches for the past 3 yrs now consistently, I really can only see them going up. And with this new standard and capt, I know they want to continue it.  The stands have been cleaner and the field shows have fit their style and worked for them. So we shall see,

Golden Girl Tryouts 2016
    Yesterday Alcorn State University had tryouts and selected 8 new ladies to join the current squad.  In my honest opinion, there were a few ladies who…
  • Looks like a strong group of young ladies presenting for Fall 2016 from what I saw.. Gonna be one helluva band season for Alcorn.

• Yasssssssss, so that's the girl that always pulls my attention!! Yasss and I hope she keeps the short natural hair during the season as well. Life will be given. 

• What yr did Olivia crab?

Christopher said:

Yep, that's her.

justDANCE said:

If Olivia is ole girl on the first row with the haircut..BABYYY I said it once and I'll say it again, she gonna GO IN just as she does.

Golden Girl Tryouts 2016
    Yesterday Alcorn State University had tryouts and selected 8 new ladies to join the current squad.  In my honest opinion, there were a few ladies who…
  • This squad has been on a major come up the past two season and is on track to being a SWAC powerhouse and I would like to know what they all have in store for us especially if it is true that Ms Dianna from Bring It is their coach and what type of feeder from DD4L to the GG we may see and did Caleda (spelling) make the line or did she try out ?
  • Between the show and three Dollhouse Dance Factories, I doubt it that she has time to coach a college team. The only thing Diana does for the GGs is design and make their uniforms.
  • all made it from last year with exception of the seniors that graduated.

George said:

This squad has been on a major come up the past two season and is on track to being a SWAC powerhouse and I would like to know what they all have in store for us especially if it is true that Ms Dianna from Bring It is their coach and what type of feeder from DD4L to the GG we may see and did Caleda (spelling) make the line or did she try out ?
    Golden Girl Tryouts 2016
This reply was deleted.