Honda 2009 Results

Top HBCU Marching Band Ensembles Prepare for the Seventh Annual Invitational Showcase(LOS ANGELES, CA - November 10, 2008) –The stage is now set for the seventh annual Honda Battle of the Bands (HBOB) Invitational Showcase (http://www.HondaBattleoftheBands.com) scheduled to take place Saturday, January 24, 2009 at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. Ten Historically Black College and University (HBCU) marching bands have been chosen to participate in the 2009 Invitational Showcase through a combination of online voting by fans and a selection process involving HBCU band directors and university presidents. Fine-tuning their instruments, practicing their drum major acrobatics and choreographing the dance team's routines all in preparation to "stomp at the Dome," the 2009 lineup includes:Virginia State University and Fayetteville State University, representing the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA);Florida A&M University and North Carolina A&T State University, representing the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC);Tuskegee University and Kentucky State University, representing the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC); andJackson State University and Texas Southern University, representing the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC);North Carolina Central University and Edward Waters College, both independents.

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• LOOKS LIKE FUN YALL... Not too sure about FSU but the rest looks like it might have a lil fire to it... JSU and TxSU???!!! YESSIR!!!
  • Should be Interesting, I haven't had a chance to check out Kentucky State or Edward Waters yet.
  • Im mad Tuskegee got in over my school cause we definately ran the SIAC this year. Don't know bout K-state cause they didn't come down. But we in the playoffs, and we'll be seeing Tuskegee again.
  • congrads to all!
  • Congrats to the selected....
  • Boom and Ocean in ATL.....Party Time!!!!!
    I wish Morehouse coulda made it tho.....dah well...
  • I would only go, just to see FAMU, Texas S. and JSU! Thse other bands suck! Already seem them this year, and wasnt excited at all! FAMU! Hold it down for Florida/Cookman!
  • Lol.....2 easy
  • Go A&T
  • WildKat said:
    I would only go, just to see FAMU, Texas S. and JSU! Thse other bands suck! Already seem them this year, and wasnt excited at all! FAMU! Hold it down for Florida/Cookman!
    someone is a little mad they weren't voted in LOL!
    Honda 2009 Results
    Top HBCU Marching Band Ensembles Prepare for the Seventh Annual Invitational Showcase (LOS ANGELES, CA - November 10, 2008) –The stage is now set fo…
This reply was deleted.