Replies

• I feel they'll be ok, if they continue the growth.  They didn't sound bad at all and their tuba section is always beastin!!!  I just think they had a few control issues (trying to overblow at times).  I think if they round their sound and sharpen their dynamics they'll be one of the top bands in the swac.  Keep up the great work MVSU

• Yes my sentiments exactly. MVSU is a great band and if they simply round the sound and have more control and stop trying so hard to be just another loud SWAC band then theyd be like they used to be or just a better MGMM. MVSU Has potential to come back and take over again like old alumni from the school always say.

• In my opinion the biggest thing Valley need to work on is their fieldshow(example being jsu homecoming '12). Get a little more sound out of mellos and trombones . Btones , Tubas already killing . Trumpets could be better . They just got to work on balancing and attacks and releases which a lot of bands have problems with. There have been times when I have heard Valley at a parade or game and it seemed like tubas and btones just said fuck it and took over . Lol . But as soon as Valley improve their field show they are pretty much on their way. Already have the power. And they gotta improve their book but . I believe the balance should come with bigger numbers and better instrumentation so that issue shouldn't be hard to fix . Considering marching their in Fall'14

• Yea usually when I look at a Valley show it seems to simplistic and Just Im not feeling it. Trumpets who cant scream should stop with the scream attempts and trombones need to come up but I understand they havent had a large bone section in years. But when I get down there in the  fall Im hoping to see a bigger more precise sections with more control. Oh yea I plan on attending Valley State in the fall. I play trombone and enjoy Valley States program.

• I feel yah bruh . I would love to see valley with a 25-30+ trombone section and some clean trumpets . But good luck to yah doe bruh w bandcamp and all that coming up . Its a good chance Ill be down there next fall '14. 

• Anybody else coming from your school?
    cameron hollingshead said:

Yes my sentiments exactly. MVSU is a great band and if they simply round the sound and have more control and stop trying so hard to be just another loud SWAC band then theyd be like they used to be or just a better MGMM. MVSU Has potential to come back and take over again like old alumni from the school always say.

How do you think the MVSU MGMM will look during the 2013-2014 season?
    I feel that Valley did good this past year. What do you guys expect in the future? 
  • Yeah man a trumpet player Just one and Im pretty sure yall got pleanty of people from memphis backing you guys this year cuz yall came to my school (Whitehaven) for the drum battle and they were having auditions that day too. A majority of people back at my school by the end of the year were choosing SU,JSU, or TNSU me I pretty much chose Valley cuz everybody is always raggin on em and I got a full scholarship in the band program. Id rather be somewhere were Im a T-Bone player (ME) and not just another number I hate that shit. 

kennis said:

Anybody else coming from your school?

Yes my sentiments exactly. MVSU is a great band and if they simply round the sound and have more control and stop trying so hard to be just another loud SWAC band then theyd be like they used to be or just a better MGMM. MVSU Has potential to come back and take over again like old alumni from the school always say.

I feel that Valley did good this past year. What do you guys expect in the future? 
  • Also I had question about the numbers of the band. Who is staying and who is returning? Who are the current section Leaders? and how many new freshman members do you know of?

Yeah man a trumpet player Just one and Im pretty sure yall got pleanty of people from memphis backing you guys this year cuz yall came to my school (Whitehaven) for the drum battle and they were having auditions that day too. A majority of people back at my school by the end of the year were choosing SU,JSU, or TNSU me I pretty much chose Valley cuz everybody is always raggin on em and I got a full scholarship in the band program. Id rather be somewhere were Im a T-Bone player (ME) and not just another number I hate that shit. 

kennis said:

• A email went out around the beginning of this month with the section leaders on it,returning we have mostly all except the graduates about 7 and a few others not many, as far as freshmen Dr. Harris recruited heavy expecting alot this year but the first week im not expecting much since some wont be able to come till the 2nd or 3rd week of camp

Also I had question about the numbers of the band. Who is staying and who is returning? Who are the current section Leaders? and how many new freshman members do you know of?

Yeah man a trumpet player Just one and Im pretty sure yall got pleanty of people from memphis backing you guys this year cuz yall came to my school (Whitehaven) for the drum battle and they were having auditions that day too. A majority of people back at my school by the end of the year were choosing SU,JSU, or TNSU me I pretty much chose Valley cuz everybody is always raggin on em and I got a full scholarship in the band program. Id rather be somewhere were Im a T-Bone player (ME) and not just another number I hate that shit. 

kennis said:

• Alright Kennis bruh thanks man. I will be expecting big things and a big experience from Valley when I get down there and Imma make sure everybody know memphis in the building Lol. I gotta feeling MGMM aint gone be nun to sniff at this year.Im really hoping to see what the bones look like thats my section man that T-Bone is my baby lol

kennis said:

A email went out around the beginning of this month with the section leaders on it,returning we have mostly all except the graduates about 7 and a few others not many, as far as freshmen Dr. Harris recruited heavy expecting alot this year but the first week im not expecting much since some wont be able to come till the 2nd or 3rd week of camp

Also I had question about the numbers of the band. Who is staying and who is returning? Who are the current section Leaders? and how many new freshman members do you know of?

kennis said:

year.im - This website is for sale! - year Resources and Information.
    This website is for sale! year.im is your first and best source for information about year . Here you will also find topics relating to issues of ge…
This reply was deleted.