IMPROVEMENTS FOR THE 2015 SEASON FOR THE SWAC & MEAC BANDS.

To me 2014 was an interesting year. I heard some good bands some average bands and bands I had questions about. With this being said what is the main thing or things each swac or meac band can work on this offseason to improve there respective bands????Imo: based off bands I've watchedSouthern: bring some more old school soul songs out.JSU: bettering there trumpets and maintaining size.AAMU: Recruiting and more brass numbers & aggressionBAMAST: musical arrangementsALCORN: continue the upward trend w/o regressionGSU: arrangements and aggressionTXSU: sizeTNST: more exposure (really hard to say since of there conference)TALLADEGA: to much to say.BCU: keep the consistency

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Feel free to include bands that aren't listed. Just going by the ones I've heard.
  • Well your list is pretty much spot on. I would add NCAT. Which would be more stand music. Field shows are pretty much solid!
  • I agree with this

• Yes this is true with NCAT I think the one band I must include because of history is FAMU but then again they have rich alumni n fan base they need alot of work similar to talladega on a non musical level unlike dega
  • PV-Get that size back and add that 04 entertainment on the field.

Alcorn- control the power...be yourself stop using other bands ideas.

GSU- Arrangements and Trumpets an mellow

TXSU- Size an more brass.

BCU- New book an field ideas.

JSU- Control the over blasting.

SU- More of that SU old school funk.

AAMU- Size and more entertaining shows

ASU- Consistent sound not just for BIG SCHOOLS.

UAPB- By far the worse sounding m4 I've heard ever In the stands but field nice as always.

MVSU- Staying consistent

NCAT- BETTER STAND SONGS AN ARRANGEMENTS.
  • And to clarify when I speak on aggression for aamu I mean bringing back songs like wipe me down and also and then what. But all the bands really just have one particular easy thing to better some r an easier fix than others but we shall see. HONDA will b the last video until next season
  • I don't care to hear old rap songs AAMU has so much more better normal songs than them easy rap songs. bring back like a star...
  • I agree I'm just speaking on the songs that give them that old scool rap they can bring out. You always need two in your arsenal of songs.... but I'm curious to see the offseason after Honda how the bands improve and get exposure

tony said:
    I don't care to hear old rap songs AAMU has so much more better normal songs than them easy rap songs. bring back like a star...
    IMPROVEMENTS FOR THE 2015 SEASON FOR THE SWAC & MEAC BANDS.
    To me 2014 was an interesting year. I heard some good bands some average bands and bands I had questions about. With this being said what is the main…
  • Well it's only eight bands going to Honda plus the band's can only improve so much until August.
  • TC: Work on establishing an identity for yourselves, instead of a Value Brand version of Southern and Jackson State. Make sure all 400 of your members are actually enrolled in school.... IJS

Southern:  IDK why .... but I want to see Southern at 300/320. lol   Bring back the classic up tempo songs like I Remember, Chase, Boogie Wonderland, and Get It On. Quicker transitions into formations on the field and avoid all of the marking time on the field. Tasteful gimmicks/skits during field shows. Too many announcers. Arrange Doll feature numbers specifically for the Dolls. Percussion dulled their performances by switching up their arrangements and the tempo for their performances slowed dramatically. A precision/downfield cadence is more of what sets the Dolls off.  Just my two cents. GEAUX JAGS !  

This reply was deleted.