Marvin's Top 10 Doll Moments for 2016

Our favorite Doll videographer has released a list of his 10 favorite Doll moments:

This was a good list. I personally would've ranked "Liberian Girl" higher and replaced the listed routine w/ the Queen City BOTB routine. Otherwise, I concur with much of this. 

And I 100% agree with him on the #1 moment

Thoughts?

P.S. Happy Holidays!

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I hope Marvin continues to film the girls next season because he just graduated & is now employed at SU so he may not have as much time. And Song Cry definetly diserved that #1 spot! The list was spot on!
  • Not trying to be too dramatic, but I think I might die once Marvin stops filming the girls. I had no idea he graduated. I can't stand watching The Human Jukebox's gloomy ass videos on YouTube. They're so damn dark solemn. Marvin just knows how to catch the essence of all of the girls and I live for his lighting, editing and close ups.
  • Well if you die, I'll cook macaroni and cheese for your funeral.  But on a serious note, I still think he'll be filming.

Marie said:

Not trying to be too dramatic, but I think I might die once Marvin stops filming the girls. I had no idea he graduated. I can't stand watching The Human Jukebox's gloomy ass videos on YouTube. They're so damn dark solemn. Marvin just knows how to catch the essence of all of the girls and I live for his lighting, editing and close ups.
    Our favorite Doll videographer has released a list of his 10 favorite Doll moments: This was a good list. I personally would've ranked Liberia…
  • Given Marvin's determination to work through the BS put in front of him this past season, I can't imagine him putting down the camera if he's still gonna be active and involved with SU. Plus, he has a small team of videographers (who are also big Doll fans)...so I have no doubt that they'll still be getting great footage even where Marvin, himself, might be too busy.

• I definitely agree that if ANY routine should've been highlighted, it should've been one of the Beautiful People iterations, although I get that he wanted to feature Dannie being supportive from the sideline through her injury.

I'll admit I wasn't as impressed by Maya's Memoirs the first time I saw it, however after rewatching, there were some moments I actually enjoyed. But there's still something about the..... nvm, this isn't the time or place for placing Maya under the knife. Got plenty of time to do that next season, lol.

And I probably would've put Liberian Girl as #2..... it was basically an out-of-body experience, I have no idea where she pulled those counts from but they were rapid-fire and they were all PERFECT. I just wish he would've included the whole video from the beginning with the mess-up / missed formation call, because it was so adorable, from Dannie's reaction to the way they bounced back and MURDERED those counts.

Song Cry is indisputably #1. The counts, the passion, the rain, the band/arrangement..... it was definitely a Doll moment to remember for years to come. Easily the highlight of this season.

• And I ALSO think Tyelier's march-out after Bayou BOTB should've made the list, because she really really showed out. And her mother throwing the rose petals at her feet..... priceless moment.

• I agreed with most of the video. Song Cry definitely owns the #1 spot, but I would've put Liberian Girl @ Homecoming in the #2 spot. I probably would've put the field exit at the #3 spot because I wasn't expecting them to do that.

• Liberian girl and Song cry was my absolute fav moments, oh and when Taylor almost missed the 16 count because she was mesmerized at Momma Dannie.... That moment was adorabke

• lol It was dope though, because Ms. Taylor jumped right into it.

Taylor King said:

Liberian girl and Song cry was my absolute fav moments, oh and when Taylor almost missed the 16 count because she was mesmerized at Momma Dannie.... That moment was adorabke

Our favorite Doll videographer has released a list of his 10 favorite Doll moments: This was a good list. I personally would've ranked Liberia…
  • I wish Marvin was able to record the Dolls at Crankfest when Dannie did them shady taunting counts on I Don't Give A Fuck Dannie wasn't not playing that night.
This reply was deleted.