MEAC/SwAC 2012

This may be a taaaaddd bit early to speak upon it but who would you prefer to see represent each conference that has not played in this event before?

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Really would like to see Jackson & Norfolk....are they still goin hard? Haven't seen to much since 07
  • isn't it set somehow already?

I think TxSU is supposed to go since they won the championship or whatever.. isn't that how it's decided?

lol screw the fan bases.

• I can tell that whoever makes these matchups is not BLACK. why would u think that Delaware St would travel down to Orlando??? (2010).  just stupid.. lol.  And its not a game that draws a local crowd from Orlando.

Hopefully people will start being smart and draw up a contract set for the next 3 years to get some match-ups set in stone, instead of trying to improvise and get the left overs year after year. Disney is one of the worlds largest companies...there aint no reason why a whole side of the stadium should be empty

• I honestly say this game need to return to B-Ham or an even more nuetral site like Atlanta, Nashville, or Mobile in order to actually attract schools and cater to fanbase. The committee should also set matchups by popularity of marching band according to conference fan approval. Mentioned in a SwAC Championship Game post were a remark to play AAMU & NCAT in which neither band played in this contest and fan base is generally close to game site. Both bands are entertaining as well.

• I were hoping my Alma Mater B-CU played sTu instead of PV but the storyline with PV were based off coaching staff change and sense neither school had ever played each other.

AG said:

isn't it set somehow already?

I think TxSU is supposed to go since they won the championship or whatever.. isn't that how it's decided?

lol screw the fan bases.

MEAC/SwAC 2012
    This may be a taaaaddd bit early to speak upon it but who would you prefer to see represent each conference that has not played in this event before?…
  • JSU vs Howard
    SU vs Morgan
    Texas Southern vs Hampton
    UAPb vs SCSU
    PV vs Del St
    Honorable mention: JSU vs Skegee
  • Idk...I feel about like I do about the Honda....send somebody that ain't been....or ain't been in a while. SU and GSU have done two each....let ASU go back.....or JSU....or another SWAC School....and choose Norfolk...or NCAT...or....shoot idk anyone in the MEAC. 

• teams like Morgan, TSU, UAPB, Del St are NOT gonna have good crowds there. Again, as I said...if it was a game that just alot of local spectators to help fill the stands, then thats cool. But its not, so you have to get teams that travel. And the only teams that really would travel to Orlando is:

SWAC:

SU

JSU

Gram

maybe even Ala St

MEAC:

BCU

FAMU

SCSU

maybe NC A&T.

Charles said:

JSU vs Howard
    SU vs Morgan
    Texas Southern vs Hampton
    UAPb vs SCSU
    PV vs Del St
    Honorable mention: JSU vs Skegee
    MEAC/SwAC 2012
    This may be a taaaaddd bit early to speak upon it but who would you prefer to see represent each conference that has not played in this event before?…
  • half of the swac schools already have games in the stone. Alcorn. Gsu. Dont jsu has sip state? And it dont matter where it is. Su went and it was empty jsu vs hampton had 10,000...the game not advertised good at all and orlando is pretty far. It dont have to be black ppl to set up a game cuz half of hbcus cant get ppl to go to a home game. AND THEY DONT CARE BOUT THE BAND! Its the team...but also new schools need dat money. But dnt nsu an vsu have the labor day classic dat wkend?
  • The game is to far to make it really successful unless FAMU is in the game, plain and simple and they are having problems so i don't see this game lasting to long unless they move it in a more centralized location. The Southern vs Cookman game didn't even attract and SU travels and BCU is in Florida. Those people don't think about band match ups they think about whose gonna bring fans as a whole.

This reply was deleted.