MVSU Mean Green Marching Machine 2015

MVSU's program had a rough season this past year and is still going through some stages before it gets to where it needs to be. Valley has gone through alot of changes some good and some bad but Im curious to know how this upcoming season will go. Ive heard alot of estimates on size music(Mainly good)...etc. What do you guys think? Will the Mean Green Marching Machine make a big comeback? or will they take more blows through the season? What do you expect to see? 

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think the only real problem Valley has is consistency..They have had a lot of things going on in the past couple years with staff changes and all.....2012 showed promise...not sure what happened after that...but I hope they continue to grow and build their program these next few years...

• Skeet said:

I think the only real problem Valley has is consistency..They have had a lot of things going on in the past couple years with staff changes and all.....2012 showed promise...not sure what happened after that...but I hope they continue to grow and build their program these next few years...

You are very much so correct! Consistency. Valley has always shown promise but at the same time never had a chance to fully grow simply because of all the changes in style and directors over the years. The current new dircetor has the right Idea and shows promise. If he stays he may actually bring about something in this program that is positive, Now I did not like this past season and how the program was handled mainly because of quick arrangements but if they get a consistent flow and go back to basics so-to-speak, then they will be a hard contender, especially since they are trying a more focused cleaner sound. 

MVSU Mean Green Marching Machine 2015
    MVSU's program had a rough season this past year and is still going through some stages before it gets to where it needs to be. Valley has gone throu…
    • Is Blake Gaines still the director?
  • The only person who will be able to save Valleys program is a Valley graduate. They have had so many changes its crazy. If we could go back in time and look at Valley's band in the 80's and early 90's it would be TOTALLY unrecognizable today. They really do need to go back to their roots and style that they created mainly under Mr. Tramiel. They are the only band of the 3 SWAC shools in MS between JSU and Alcorn that has taken a big blow to their band program and it has not recovered FULLY in almost 15 years. I hope we can see some positive things from them this year.

This reply was deleted.