O.P. Walker vs Shaw(Ohio) 2012 Post NOMTOC Battle

In case you havent seen the video

I must say kudos to both bands. Now before anybody says anything about this being biased, I must say that im a BIG fan of both bands. So lets get this started!

Tone- Shaw

Power- Walker

Articulation-Shaw

Fullness-Shaw

Cleaness(LOL)-Shaw

Playing together-Shaw

*Sections*

Trombones- Walker

(Shaw was louder but they were all playing 1st)

Baritones-Shaw

*my opinion*(Yes walker baritones were loud but its like they were playing in and out on some of the songs like they were tired)

Mellophones-Shaw

(I honestly thought walker mellos werent even playing half the time, usually you would hear them)

Trumpets-Shaw

(man them cats something else!)

Tubas- Walker

Woodwinds-Walker

(in case some of yall didnt notice, shaw is a all brass band)

Drumline-Shaw

(Walker was having major tempo problems)

Leave your comment on the battle. Also, thank you G&R Productions for recording the battle.

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• Trumpets-Shaw trumpets are amazing for a HS line.They are very clean in the upper octave..everybody isnt playing first or attempting to play first..2nds tpets are actually heard...shaw has about 15 tpets..i doubt more than 3 are skating...when shaw did scream..it was more in tune.it was controled not all over the place ie hanging over.

bone-shaw they just sound better. they have a playing style as a section.they sounds like a section its balance within the parts

Fhorns-goes to shaw again...they sound better as a section..not much skating in this section either.

Btone-Walker allday..volume and there are strong and heard on every song..

Tuba-Walker again maybe its the fact that they section was larger but they got this too..shaw had a few questionable parts..tubas taking up parts and to being fully commited the notes...i feel like if ur goin take that chance playing up there you cant be fluffy

woodwindss of course walker cuz shaw doesnt have any.

drums-shaw cuz walker had several tempo issues

Yes walker cleans shop in Louisiana this is true..I love walker and whats being done over there but overall shaw is cleaner and they sound better.The fact the shaw doesnt have skaters makes a huge difference in this battle.

hate to say it but Shaw is 2-0 in Louisiana Scotlandville got tooken down last year now Walker this year...but its okay to take a lost to a quality band program.

Tune il Suono della Musica
  • CAN I IMMATURE AGAIN LIKE I DID ON THE VIDEO...AHAHAHHAHHA....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!@WALKER!!!! ...EEEEEEEEEEEE WAHWKA!!!...YEEEAHHH!
  • LMAO I knew you was gonna do this dude. Lol atleast leave something

BigDawgBatonRouge said:

CAN I IMMATURE AGAIN LIKE I DID ON THE VIDEO...AHAHAHHAHHA....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!@WALKER!!!! ...EEEEEEEEEEEE WAHWKA!!!...YEEEAHHH!
    In case you havent seen the video   I must say kudos to both bands. Now before anybody says anything about this being biased, I must say that im a B…
  • This was a Good Battle i love Walkers sound they loud and powerful .....But Shaw Got This One  they can match Walkers power. & they much cleaner

Shaw-trumpet line is a beast so is their Fhornes &..  but Walker b-tones & Tubas got dat anyday......

both bands sounded great but i GO wit Shaw On This One

• lmao

BigDawgBatonRouge said:

CAN I IMMATURE AGAIN LIKE I DID ON THE VIDEO...AHAHAHHAHHA....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!@WALKER!!!! ...EEEEEEEEEEEE WAHWKA!!!...YEEEAHHH!
    In case you havent seen the video   I must say kudos to both bands. Now before anybody says anything about this being biased, I must say that im a B…
  • shaw is good tho, but why rank them in a louisiana top 10

• walker got su book

• Lol tempo!
  • Damn Shaw SMASHED

This reply was deleted.