Prancing J-Settes 2016-2017

Dominique Martin left her mark as being one of the BEST J -sette Captains ever, and quite Legendary. She has made them impossible very possible. Turning a season that started off ugly to a season of greatness. Seeing as the crabs from last year have been giving the opportunity to tryout next year. I think we will see a BEASTLY squad next year. The questions are who will be the captain? Will the Captain live up to what Dominique established this year? With a full squad of girls this year (hopefully), will we see the J settes continue to be The premier HBCU dance squad????

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Based on the way Cip and Brie have been dancing this season, whoever gets captain between the two will do an amazing job of continuing what Dominique set up. From last year's squad, if they do audition and get chosen to be on the squad and make it through band camp, I'm pretty sure J-sette fans as a whole will want them to be on it 100 percent. But for me what I'm looking forward to next season is amazing field shows and stands with the standard 16 girls. Even though the great eight bucked it down, I missed seeing 16 girls.

• If all of the crabs from '14 return then Brie will be the only girl to have danced with them as well as this seasons squad so I hope they have good chemistry. Also I hope they dance altogether more, the j-settes are one of the most precise squads out there but you can't really appreciate that when they rarely dance as a whole.

• The J-settes will be fine

• Yes like always
  • I'm rewatching J-sette videos from this season and I'm noticing a lot of people saying that they don't want or can do without Deja on the squad next year, what is the issue with her?

• Which one is she

GAPeach said:

I'm rewatching J-sette videos from this season and I'm noticing a lot of people saying that they don't want or can do without Deja on the squad next year, what is the issue with her?

Dominique Martin left her mark as being one of the BEST J -sette Captains ever, and quite Legendary. She has made them impossible very possible. Turn…
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but Deja sits next to Brie on Tall and Tough.
  • Yeah she sit next to brie
  • I am very excited for the 2016-17 J-settes squad and the Sonic Boom as a whole... This was not the 1st time the J-settes have braved and endured such interruptions that they experienced this season, and yet went on the have an excellent season.

Now, I look to see a unity like never before with the squad for the 2016-17 season; in addition to the continuance of outstanding showmanship that the J-settes are known for... I trust that all returning young ladies, be it 2014 and 2015 will enter with new and improved attitudes to the continuing growth of the squad, void of selfish behaviors and uninvited/unnecessary drama. The squad as a whole knows and understands, that their worse enemy are themselves.

I applaud Dom for her outstanding leadership, in maintaining her squad this season... She has set the tone to how effective the 2016-17 selected J-sette captain will need to be, and display for the performance season... Whichever young lady that is selected, she has a huge pair of shoes to fill.

The university will no doubt observe them closely, as they usher in the 2016-17 audition, selection process, and season.

• Well said

DeJohn Tellis-Oliver said:

I am very excited for the 2016-17 J-settes squad and the Sonic Boom as a whole... This was not the 1st time the J-settes have braved and endured such interruptions that they experienced this season, and yet went on the have an excellent season.

Now, I look to see a unity like never before with the squad for the 2016-17 season; in addition to the continuance of outstanding showmanship that the J-settes are known for... I trust that all returning young ladies, be it 2014 and 2015 will enter with new and improved attitudes to the continuing growth of the squad, void of selfish behaviors and uninvited/unnecessary drama. The squad as a whole knows and understands, that their worse enemy are themselves.

I applaud Dom for her outstanding leadership, in maintaining her squad this season... She has set the tone to how effective the 2016-17 selected J-sette captain will need to be, and display for the performance season... Whichever young lady that is selected, she has a huge pair of shoes to fill.

The university will no doubt observe them closely, as they usher in the 2016-17 audition, selection process, and season.

Dominique Martin left her mark as being one of the BEST J -sette Captains ever, and quite Legendary. She has made them impossible very possible. Turn…
This reply was deleted.