Prancing Jsettes 2016

Now that the Prancing Jsettes season is over what are your thoughts on the season?Favorite Field Rountine?Favorite Game?What would you like to see for the next season?Do we have info about who trying out(crabs)?

IMG_3201.PNG

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Now that the Prancing J-settes season is over what are your thoughts on the season?

My heart still hurts for them, because I'm used to seeing a much stronger representation from them.  In the stands they were fine, a few hiccups here and there, but pretty ok due to the circumstances.  Ever squad has it's down season and I think this was theirs, but it wasn't there fault in full.  The settes have been in similar situations and have still slayed like in 2007 when Socky was out for the beginning of the season and the squad was mad big, but they were very clean in the stands and on the field.  

Favorite Field Routine?

The last routine was the best of them all, but it still needed work.

Favorite Game?

I actually liked their Alabama State stands, but liked their Alcorn fieldshow.

What would you like to see for the next season?

I just want to see them on top next season and I want to see more all together.  I know Morgan will do fine, because her confidence has increased and I think there'll be less tension on the squad.

Do we have info about who trying out(crabs)?

Not sure, but I just want them to have a strong crab class.  I'm routing for them.

• Now that the Prancing Jsettes season is over what are your thoughts on the season?

They had a rocky start..VERY rocky and SHADY start. I think that mistakes from this season will not carry over into the next, it just can't from both the squad and  sponsor Mrs. Chloe Ashley Crowley. Is the absolute worst I have seen of the Jsettes? No but it definitely isn't up to the standard that has been set. BUT! it will get better I just know it!

Favorite Field Routine?

I really don't have one tbh, it's no secret the Jsettes have struggled with field work this year surprisingly. The Sincerely Jane field show was ok to me though.

Favorite Game?
    My favorite game if I had to pick one was MVSU HANDS DOWN! After a frustrating and messy start, my girl Morgan was on fire that ENTIRE game from energy to count selection to uniform choice. Though Bama state game comes right after it for me.

What would you like to see for the next season?

-More fast pace songs in the stands and less rap tunes(I think it would aid their performances more if the band did that).I just feel like having a bunch of rap songs in the book is like an album with too much filler. I have been disappointed because the book is so unbalanced. The Boom is not just a rap tune band, I mean damn can't be LIT all the time with same stuff.

-I too would love to see them start the season with a bang as the dust as settled from such a messy start(which really wasn't her fault..)

- PYT, Shake Your Pants, or Swoop remake field show(maybe even sneak a theme show in there for old time sake? LOL)

-Some more ole NASTYYYY "If I can't sell it, I'll keep sitting on it" type slow jam performances/counts

-Less rushed choreography/more complete and BIG movements on the field, also let the stunts make sense. Matter of fact, better field show song selections too.

Do we have info about who trying out(crabs)?

No I do not. Though I am always curious as to who will join the ranks of the "favs" every yr

• Favorite game? Boombox Classic
    Favorite fieldshow? Alcorn
    My thoughts this season? They spent alot of time on stands this season & less time on the actual fieldwork. Morgan threw close to 20+ stands this season so I feel that they should hold off on new stands for next season until about homecoming because they have more than enough material in the stands to work with. 2017 main focus for the J settes should be fieldwork!!! The uniforms this season were AMAZING!!! Dont think they had a bad unifrom at all actually. If I can recall, the only uniform that debuted this year with fringe was the first home game uniform(silver/gray/white version of lamb chop) so I see that Chloe is going a different direction with that. Also, the girls are looking great in the make up department as well. The close up pictures at Alcorn game were beautiful. As for the 2017 crabs, I feel that the J settes might luck up & get some really strong crabs next year. 2016 had a pretty solid crab class too.
  • Another thing, I feel that Chloe should choose more girls that can actually do the fieldwork because there is no reason that people should be sitting out almost all season because they couldn't make cuts lol
  • My thoughts: The season wasn't so bad as people make it.. Yeah it started off rough but i blame chloe because she knew all along.. Im glad they had a sit down and got it together..
    Favorite Field Rountine? I think BoomBox classic rountine it was everything to mee

Favorite Game? Alcorn because the girls look as though they were having alot of fun and rooting each on.. But i also will say SHC
    because i got to see and witness the legendary Who do you turn to buck down..

What would you like to see for the next season? I hope Morgan remember all the counts and field.. She went out with a bang so i hope and pray come back with a vengeance..

Do we have info about who trying out(crabs)? I hope tamia from dd4l tryout and another girl that swacdancers(ig) posted sge trying out again.

*I hope we get sum bball footage and cip and jewel lead amd jaz* I pray that Alexis come back and buck it down
  • I know that Tamia and Cip are pretty close, so maybe if she does decide to audition she can have some help. Plus her coach Mrs.Lee from PD is a Jsette alumni.

Boomtastic said:
    My thoughts: The season wasn't so bad as people make it.. Yeah it started off rough but i blame chloe because she knew all along.. Im glad they had a sit down and got it together..
    Favorite Field Rountine? I think BoomBox classic rountine it was everything to mee

Favorite Game? Alcorn because the girls look as though they were having alot of fun and rooting each on.. But i also will say SHC
    because i got to see and witness the legendary Who do you turn to buck down..

What would you like to see for the next season? I hope Morgan remember all the counts and field.. She went out with a bang so i hope and pray come back with a vengeance..

Do we have info about who trying out(crabs)? I hope tamia from dd4l tryout and another girl that swacdancers(ig) posted sge trying out again.

*I hope we get sum bball footage and cip and jewel lead amd jaz* I pray that Alexis come back and buck it down
    Prancing Jsettes 2016
    Now that the Prancing Jsettes season is over what are your thoughts on the season? Favorite Field Rountine? Favorite Game? What would you like to…
  • Pretty disappointing season, but they happen from time to time.

IDK if I want to blame this year on the leadership fiasco or just the overall lack of cohesion that was obvious with the squad, but the field definitely suffered the worst as a result. There were a few games where Morgan really showed out, and the new counts were plentiful (and about half of them were really good, so not a lot of complaints there.) As previously stated, unis were actually pretty nice this year which I found to be pretty surprising b/c I had ZERO expectations in that department.

Just hoping Morgan can grow/improve with experience. Hopefully she'll have some seasoned alumae around to lean on and look to this summer. Second years tend to be better with Sette captains (while Charlotte's definitely was light years better, Ketta's was a toss-up iMO and Jasma's was better and worse in different ways).

• This!  Like no tea, no shade, but Katt and Niani were like a waste of space this season.

aaliyah said:

Another thing, I feel that Chloe should choose more girls that can actually do the fieldwork because there is no reason that people should be sitting out almost all season because they couldn't make cuts lol
    Prancing Jsettes 2016
    Now that the Prancing Jsettes season is over what are your thoughts on the season? Favorite Field Rountine? Favorite Game? What would you like to…
  • I don't think Niani was a waste of space, she was like everyone's favorite crab. She came to play for BoomBox Classic. Katt I think was a waste of space, how do you not perform for Homecoming at all? Like she didn't perform the whole weekend. The most consistent crab was Makayla, she danced the whole season, for every field and worked it. Her stands were pretty good too. She will. E a beast next year.

DemiGod said:

This!  Like no tea, no shade, but Katt and Niani were like a waste of space this season.

aaliyah said:

Another thing, I feel that Chloe should choose more girls that can actually do the fieldwork because there is no reason that people should be sitting out almost all season because they couldn't make cuts lol
    Prancing Jsettes 2016
  • Yes!! I do feel like Katt was a waste and the girl i see on ig that tried iut last year her form is through tge roof.. I dont see why she didnt make it.. Then the girl that quit during the summer i wanted chloe to call up the next person that was in line to make a full squad.. I can honestly say kayla and makayla was the most consistent ones.. Niani lack the field presence as well as Kirsten they're a beast in stands but when it come to field they cant seem to never make field the first go round i know its hard because you have a large group of girls so you have to catch on really quick..

*I noticed that jsu did play alot of rap tunes which was okay but for instance boombox you played the same songs that you played at crankfest when su came to blow.. I was so disappointed.. We need rap songs but a little and take us back to songs we forgot about*
This reply was deleted.