Wassup fellow bandheads, it's that time of year again, with about a week until camp's and training will start. These are some things in wondering about.... Who is the surprise band of the year? What band will be bigger / smaller than anticipated? What band will exceed / under exceed expectations? And what will be the best battle?

I'm not going to do number talk because I know y'all will have insight and photos, but I am on key bands going to provide what I'm looking for and want to see that will help each band.

AAMU: continued growth (especially core brass sections) and diverse arrangements. Damn sure can't wait to see the divas with this captain combo.

JSU: getting back to that awesome 2014 sound and being consistent on the field. Also checking for them jsettes too.

SU: bring some of those power r&b ballads back, also will be watching them gorgeous dolls too.

Alcorn: don't try to out jsu jsu and don't try to su su, because y'all cats are brewing something special

Bama state: musicianship and stability is key

Txsu: sneaky band that I would like to see get back to that 2006 year. I must say I can't wait for the match up with aamu this year.

Grambling: continuity and arrangements

Pvamu: consistency I like what y'all are working with, let's diversify song choice too. More r&b

Bcu: keep being you, I need more uptempo selections

Famu: I'm still waiting on old famu to reach the new generation but you guys are on your way I would love to see more exposure and more aggressiveness.

Ncat: nothing musically but i want to see more production in the stands to match what, bcu and famu give us. Also if like to see you guys branch out and play a swac team in an home and home series

Tnst: same with aamu steady growth and diverse arrangements, I love y'all too, very all around band.

Miles: (y'all aren't sneaking up on me, the swac equivalent to alcorn)

Share them photos and preseason sneak clips y'all!!!

Views: 13269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

May AAMU have both a pre-game BoTB AND a 5th quarter performance from at least one of the Texas bands this year??? Am I asking too much already??
I am going to take a leap of faith and say AAMU will go out to Texas prepared for both as they were last year when PV came to Huntsville.
I am also going to step out and say I don't think TxSU will leave us hanging.
I wish Jsu would get back to the 2015 size. 2014 sound 2013 aggression. But we may get a 2013 or 2016 size band this year
I thoroughly believe txsu will show up and that will be one of the best battles of the year. Two of my favorite bands, even though they are both silver bands they have two different styles. I do hope for a good botb's, 0 quarter and 5th quarter.

crimsonseeker said:
May AAMU have both a pre-game BoTB AND a 5th quarter performance from at least one of the Texas bands this year??? Am I asking too much already??
I am going to take a leap of faith and say AAMU will go out to Texas prepared for both as they were last year when PV came to Huntsville.
I am also going to step out and say I don't think TxSU will leave us hanging.
Well honestly to me smaller (2013) jsu is better than the bigger size band. I wish bands would try to out southern southern you can't match power for power, they will win that all day every day., but jsu can finesse and out funk them anyway. But you are correct over the past 5 years for jsu for me 2013 has been the best, field and stand wise.

SonicBoomProductions said:
I wish Jsu would get back to the 2015 size. 2014 sound 2013 aggression. But we may get a 2013 or 2016 size band this year

Each band has a system in place.  We all know and have known for years some systems that work better than others.  Power seems to be the dominant force, and utilizing it doesn't mean you have sound like another band either.  As it relates to fan pandemonium, drill accuracy and public relations; I'd like to see each band reformat their practice schedule to maximize this as butts in seats equates to the ability to attract more potential donors and students to the University.  Now the end of those days of sloppy drills, missing ranks, and low leg lifts.  Musical errors also need to stop, intonation should not be scarified and all come down to your warm up. Some bands use chorales, others use scales studies/arpeggios, some use marches, one uses them all, including 6-7 marches each year (endurance).  If you aren't using them all, then God Bless you.  

I hope that every band is the best band they can be this year, otherwise I know for sure I won't be watching you in person or anywhere else.  The world wants to see the best and if you aren't the best then go practice. Imitate yourself, but musically listen to your band directors please, then crank up outside of practice if that's what you have to do to be prepared for the big game.

Yea I'm telling you bro, this battle could be epic. I've been waiting for this one. But your right about that, txsu can battle their asses off. Its gone be a good one, all ima say is it's gone be a sneaky good battle.... we need a zero quarter battle too. But the best battle between aamu and txsu will be the tuba battle.

Last_outlaw said:
I don't expect much different from TxSU if they are still hella small, so I guess it just comes down to them getting waaaaaaay more people in the band. The band director can do some damage with a bigger Ocean and I have no doubt that if they get the size they've been wanting, they'll be in the top 3 again. Oh and arrangements always seem like they be missing parts, so hopefully we get some better arrangements.

3rd Saturday in September and it's a night game like PV was last year.  Ooo Weee!  Rubbing my hands and my feet together... lolol!

PS  I thought the agreement was that the AAMU MMW was gonna go out to Texas to PV for their homecoming since the Storm traveled to AAMU last year?  AAMU doesn't even face PV this year.  What had happened?  I hope that's a (real) rain check.


xaemill said:

Yea I'm telling you bro, this battle could be epic. I've been waiting for this one. But your right about that, txsu can battle their asses off. Its gone be a good one, all ima say is it's gone be a sneaky good battle.... we need a zero quarter battle too. But the best battle between aamu and txsu will be the tuba battle.

Last_outlaw said:
I don't expect much different from TxSU if they are still hella small, so I guess it just comes down to them getting waaaaaaay more people in the band. The band director can do some damage with a bigger Ocean and I have no doubt that if they get the size they've been wanting, they'll be in the top 3 again. Oh and arrangements always seem like they be missing parts, so hopefully we get some better arrangements.

Yea the SWAC moved the mandate that you don't have to play every SWAC team so, unfortunately, we won't be playing pv or gram in football. Every SWAC team is missing someone from their schedule this year. 

crimsonseeker said:

3rd Saturday in September and it's a night game like PV was last year.  Ooo Weee!  Rubbing my hands and my feet together... lolol!

PS  I thought the agreement was that the AAMU MMW was gonna go out to Texas to PV for their homecoming since the Storm traveled to AAMU last year?  AAMU doesn't even face PV this year.  What had happened?  I hope that's a (real) rain check.


xaemill said:

Yea I'm telling you bro, this battle could be epic. I've been waiting for this one. But your right about that, txsu can battle their asses off. Its gone be a good one, all ima say is it's gone be a sneaky good battle.... we need a zero quarter battle too. But the best battle between aamu and txsu will be the tuba battle.

Last_outlaw said:
I don't expect much different from TxSU if they are still hella small, so I guess it just comes down to them getting waaaaaaay more people in the band. The band director can do some damage with a bigger Ocean and I have no doubt that if they get the size they've been wanting, they'll be in the top 3 again. Oh and arrangements always seem like they be missing parts, so hopefully we get some better arrangements.
Why you don't Txsu to meet Jsu

So why you don't want them to travel to AAMU?

Last_outlaw said:

Not that I don't want them to, but had JSU been on the schedule they probably would have traveled their instead of AAMU.

SonicBoomProductions said:

Why you don't Txsu to meet Jsu

i dont think its a good idea. a conference that does this will soon fall short, teams will leave conference or another conference will start...... 

J_AAMU said:

Yea the SWAC moved the mandate that you don't have to play every SWAC team so, unfortunately, we won't be playing pv or gram in football. Every SWAC team is missing someone from their schedule this year. 

crimsonseeker said:

3rd Saturday in September and it's a night game like PV was last year.  Ooo Weee!  Rubbing my hands and my feet together... lolol!

PS  I thought the agreement was that the AAMU MMW was gonna go out to Texas to PV for their homecoming since the Storm traveled to AAMU last year?  AAMU doesn't even face PV this year.  What had happened?  I hope that's a (real) rain check.


xaemill said:

Yea I'm telling you bro, this battle could be epic. I've been waiting for this one. But your right about that, txsu can battle their asses off. Its gone be a good one, all ima say is it's gone be a sneaky good battle.... we need a zero quarter battle too. But the best battle between aamu and txsu will be the tuba battle.

Last_outlaw said:
I don't expect much different from TxSU if they are still hella small, so I guess it just comes down to them getting waaaaaaay more people in the band. The band director can do some damage with a bigger Ocean and I have no doubt that if they get the size they've been wanting, they'll be in the top 3 again. Oh and arrangements always seem like they be missing parts, so hopefully we get some better arrangements.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service