This is a great time for the students at Stillman College. Here's what  Derrick K. Yates, Director of Bands had to say about this: 

From the Office of the Director of Bands

Dear Perspective Band Members,

It is an exiting time to be a student at Stillman College. The College has made history by being one of the first institutions of higher learning in the country to do a tuition reset. Starting fall 2015, the College will reduce its cost of attendance by $5000. The total cost, tuition, room and board, will only cost $8750 per semester. We are truly excited about the new opportunities this will provide our students. 

Derrick K. Yates, Director of Bands

You can also log on to our website for additional information and the official letter >> www.stillmanbands.com

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• Umm even 8750.00 is a lot for Stillman College, but Stillman is a good school. They need to have Junior College Tuition fees 

• That's awesome. Keep up the great work. I've been hearing that people are really liking what your doing on campus. If you guys can get one great class I'm sure you gonna turn some heads.

• I was about to say why would a potential student want to march in Stillman Band considering the fact that Stillman's Band is not really that good. But then I thought about Talladega and how they came up in a 3-4 year time span using the resources they had to attract potential students. For instance, open enrollment, no required ACT/SAT test scores for admittance, and whatever else low standards they are offering.

If other schools like Talladega got attractive offers like what Stillman is doing; that potential student is more than likely going to the program with the better band. It is what it is.

Good Luck Stillman. God knows you need it. 

• Say good things about Stillman College and John Brown shall appear. You're like The movie "Candy Man" or heck even "Bloody Mary"...why don't you tend to AAMU's band lord knows they have dragged that band all the way down. Those guys up there have no Idea what they're doing....lmao...That L you guys took from Southern this past season was probably the worst in history. How you let them march into your stadium first and then kill you from start to finish? The new MMW is terrible. I used to be a die hard fan.  Yall went from having an identity to mimicking BCU. and that neck Yall play was straight stolen from SCSU. Your band directors are by far the worst in the SWAC. What yall got going now you can't blame anybody but your band directors. Did they have any real experience before they took the job??LMAO...And lets not even talk about your administration having 14 counts of financial wrongdoings. They under investigation by the state, lawsuits flying everywhere. Anybody with sense wouldn't dare go to AAMU. 

• Somebody got mad. Okay LOL!  Back to Stillman College. Not mad at the recruitng efforts,  Recruitment is detrimental to the survival of any program. Again, good luck Stilman, Seriously. 

• That's incorrect usage of the word detrimental. These recruiting efforts are not "detrimental" they are "beneficial" to the survival of any program. 

• Jonathan Parks, now what were you saying Sir? Stillman what?

• well well well..Last time I talked to you I was correcting you on your poor usage of the word "detrimental". What about Stillman?

• I used the word I wanted to use. Yes, recruiting can be detrimental to a program if you dont recruit. You so petty and extra. But anyway, you tell me what's going on since the future is so bright under the new regime.  What's the deal? Do I need to go search for myself? lol

Jonathan Parks said:

well well well..Last time I talked to you I was correcting you on your poor usage of the word "detrimental". What about Stillman?

Stillman College set to reduce tuition by $5000 Fall 2015
    This is a great time for the students at Stillman College. Here's what  Derrick K. Yates, Director of Bands had to say about this:  From the Office…
  • Saw some footage of Stillman. Freaking despicable smmfh. It's a damn shame that cheap tuition won't even entice someone to join that program; talking all that yang lol!  Only a better Director will have a chance with resurrecting that program. This is year three for the new regime. Bad hire Stillman.  

This reply was deleted.