Replies

• EXPECTATIONS hmmm. Well both bands are sounding great SU has the raw power and great energy they will bring their A game at the botb GSU is sounding great but not as much power but they havr it on a few songs.Only issue at GSU is since their songs are not as loud the crowd will cheer but we never know what to expect from these two at the botb! Song Selection is key I just hate ppl who just because they dont know the song thats its bad selection. GSU is home this yr so they march in second an play second what gsu plays after SU will be the tone of the botb Both Holy grails are nice but i dnt expect gsu to play it back gsu tends to dnt play the same yhing back an thats with all who they play. We know su will be good but GSU will their respones be good.HALFTIME SU shows are beginning to be the same but we can expect that both bands last few seasons have been drilling very very well so halftine will be a toss up. Stands SU&GSU really could care less about playing at the game the stadium in the stands they swalllow up the sound! i expect a good weekend and football who knows...Just because SU WILL BE IN HOUSTON DOES NOT MEAN THEY WILL WIN HISTORY SHOWS IT on both parts. but BOTB GOES TO SU HALFTIME GSU. ARRANGEMENTS IF GSU PLAYS WELL THEY WILL BE OK. I hope both dont bring any gemmicks and just play
  • Southern will blow us away once again.....song selection kills us....yes we sound good this year but Pannell and the directors don't go into the BOTB like it's truly a battle and try to win the crowd.... Halftime will go to Grambling....SU will win the BOTB hands down
  • well what i do know is they have a few crowd favs this weekend but gsu comes with a variety of music just as SU best battle was 2011 but as long as both sound good thats a plus! But i hope it dont turn to a rap battle but NO crowd loves iti like to hear a variety of songs even both use to start off with marches both now rap is the new starters.
  • this battle is about crowd favs and entertainment because there aren't any judges....the people in the crowd are the judges so whoever entertain the crowd the most wins this battle and we all know su is the best at doing that, grambling needs to do a better job of entertaining

• So GSU book should just be 90's r&b rap and songs the crowd knows then?Doc Greggs use to have a great variety of stuff along with GSU now it seens as crowds if they dont know the songs then they boo. But GSU in 2011 botb was shown love due to their song selection but 2012 not so much until thry played that Aaliyah mix and My Moment. But i feel both will do fine when GSU followz SU things go down hill But im sure if GSU adds to their good sound this season and crowd favs the botb will be like 2011...but I myself dont feel like hearing the same Rap songs from either band we heard every other band play! GSU had a few week to prep it should be no excuse. Both did great at the parade last year though and shows were good.
  • That crowd even if gsu did well the past year no matter HERE COMES THE GRAMBLING WORLD FAMED
    ..BOOOOOOOOO Drummajors dont even be out the tunnel. I pray no one has a solo singer BOTH HAS GOTTEN BOOED FOR IT SU FOR THAT MUSIQ SOULCHILD SONG AND GSU ON.EMOTIONS.
  • The crowd doesn't boo because someone is singing with the band. They boo because the singers sound bad or just cant sing. Both bands use to do this every year and it wasn't a problem. Last year Grambling's singer got booed because she sounded bad. In 2007 SU singer got booed because she sounded bad. Having singers add to the show but they have to be good. 

tony said:

That crowd even if gsu did well the past year no matter HERE COMES THE GRAMBLING WORLD FAMED
    ..BOOOOOOOOO Drummajors dont even be out the tunnel. I pray no one has a solo singer BOTH HAS GOTTEN BOOED FOR IT SU FOR THAT MUSIQ SOULCHILD SONG AND GSU ON.EMOTIONS.
    SU vs GSU! BAYOU CLASSIC 2013!!!
    WHAT ARE YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM BOTH BANDS DURING BOTB AND GAME DAY?
  • Your right! Its like Apollo. The crowd are judges and they could careless about anything else for that hour. They just want to be entertained and leave knowing they spend money on a good battle not a one sided massacre. Grambling has to do a better job at getting the crowd involved and stop making excuses about being in SU territory. Grambling has given good battles in the past so I know they can do it again.

Kenneth "Screamer" Trumpet said:

this battle is about crowd favs and entertainment because there aren't any judges....the people in the crowd are the judges so whoever entertain the crowd the most wins this battle and we all know su is the best at doing that, grambling needs to do a better job of entertaining

• they gave one in 2011 2012 theysounded good too but selection was not favs ppl were quiet but i dnt wanna hear rap and r&b all night SU use to have songs like word up and all that even sum classic oldies as a music stand point why should GSU follow SU thats why sum bandz mess up trying to follow the other band why loose your music stand point music as a whole is crazy because if ppl dnt know the song they quiet b said:

Your right! Its like Apollo. The crowd are judges and they could careless about anything else for that hour. They just want to be entertained and leave knowing they spend money on a good battle not a one sided massacre. Grambling has to do a better job at getting the crowd involved and stop making excuses about being in SU territory. Grambling has given good battles in the past so I know they can do it again.

Kenneth "Screamer" Trumpet said:

this battle is about crowd favs and entertainment because there aren't any judges....the people in the crowd are the judges so whoever entertain the crowd the most wins this battle and we all know su is the best at doing that, grambling needs to do a better job of entertaining

• What happen to Opening marches. Then two oldies they both gospel selection then rap mix then slow jams. now its like ppl expect rap at the botb seem as after 05 the crowds just want what they know!
This reply was deleted.