Yates New Band Director Fall 2012

Word on the street is JY has a new band director. Former PV drum major. The band is constantly rebuilding itself. Round of applause to Mr. Williams for fighting a good fight with Yates' administration and band alumni on his decisions regarding the band. Even I had to stop and come to the realization that more factors are in the picture than most people think about the the band programs today.

Waiting for showtime this fall before I throw out anymore kudos to the new cat.

You need to be a member of bandhead.org to add comments!

Join bandhead.org

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sam Long will be a great addition to a great program. Good luck to Mr. Williams in his graduate study!! 

Being a former student of Mr. Long, he is a fantastic director and a great mentor. he got me on my horn and 9 years later I am still playing and about to play for UH. 

• I've heard alot of positive things about Long. Judgement day will come when the lights hit the field.

• Great DIRECTOR , & MENTOR, and I didn't even attend nor was apart of any of his SCHOOLS OR PROGRAMS.
  • He put Brookshire Royal on the showband map.  Good luck, JY...

• good luck Sam,

i know you will do well at my old stomping grounds.. there's a lot of alumni support in the area just find the right ones lol... if you need anything hit me up.

rj

•  

Bandman you have moved on as well. Good luck with the new position. Hope your

dude is still working with the drum section. Yates is in another rebuilding phase.

Bandman said:

good luck Sam,

i know you will do well at my old stomping grounds.. there's a lot of alumni support in the area just find the right ones lol... if you need anything hit me up.

rj

Word on the street is JY has a new band director. Former PV drum major. The band is constantly rebuilding itself. Round of applause to Mr. Williams…

• thanks, i think he still gonna work with the line tho.
    Damion Turner said:

Bandman you have moved on as well. Good luck with the new position. Hope your

dude is still working with the drum section. Yates is in another rebuilding phase.

Bandman said:

good luck Sam,

rj

Word on the street is JY has a new band director. Former PV drum major. The band is constantly rebuilding itself. Round of applause to Mr. Williams…
  • good luck to jack yates, i hear the band a lot during my summer classes at TxSU and they sound good for such a small program. I also meet and have played some songs for the new director and i know my High school is going to be good.

• Is yates looking for a auxillary director or danceline coach?

• no I do beliaive they have one already.....she has been there for  some some years now.. like 30??

This reply was deleted.